Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ye gods.

I had something to post about Easter last weekend, but it just kind of fell off... I'll put it up later. Today I'm just shocked and appalled and dismayed at the unreasonableness of nature in this country.

At first it seemed like unfortunate coincidence, but it's happened far too often - there must be some kind of malevolent force or at least a decent scientific explanation of the phenomenon. It is as follows:

No matter how beautiful and sunny and lovely the weekdays in Seoul are, the weekends will be utter crap.

This has been my experience over the past four months here... I believe I've seen two nice weekends, and those were both a while ago now. At this point I can say with complete confidence that something causes weekends to become grey and cold and wet and dark and altogether unpleasant, even though on Friday and the following Monday the sun will shine and the sky will radiate blueness.

So what causes this? Is it the fact that traffic picks up on weekends as everyone frantically drives out of Seoul to escape the certainty of terrible weekend weather, pollutants from all the cars spewing into the air and becoming both the cause and the effect of this bizarre and depressing phenomenon?

What a country. I need a vacation.

No comments: